Image Map

Monday, July 13, 2015

Target Clothespin Project #3

Well, here it is Project #3 with those fancy shamancy clips!
I made a "No Name" frame for this years class!!   I knew I wanted to make something fun with those Target School Clips and this is what I came up with. All my supplies were purchased at Michaels with the exception of the clips.  I got lucky and bought the frame at 50% off, each letter was $1, and the paint was probably the most expensive but keep in mind you can use that 40% off coupon.  I also keep my phone handy and use my iPhone to look up coupons.  Once I'm at the checkout I whip out my phone and the cashier scans the coupon, sooooo easy!  Plus, with your teacher card you can get an additional discount.  I was lucky and had glue and glitter at home, but what primary teacher doesn't?   
Here's how I did it and you can to:
1. Paint your frame, I did 4 coats.
2. For the letters, I dabbed glue dots and sprinkled some glitter.
4.  Once it was all dry I used the glitter tape and put along the inside edge of the frame.
5.  Then, I used wood glue to put together and twine for the line and to hang it from.  

It turned out so great!  My only issue is I am not sure those are the colors I want to use for my class so I also made a more school like style one that I can use instead(or gift it to an awesome teacher friend).  
And, my daughter helped me with that one.  She's so cute at working hard!  


But, I am really leaning towards turquoise, yellow, silver, white and red-orange for this years color scheme.  I did find some borders that would work well.  What do you think I should use for this year?  Turquoise/Silver or Red/Black?  Comment below, so I can get some advice. Thank you! 

And, now go get those clips and make something fun for your class!
#TargetSchoolClips

~Laura


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Laura, I just found your blog at Hanging Around in Primary. I love your ideas! So cute and functional what you have done with the clothespins. I found your Instragram and am your newest follower!
    Marta
    Tweets From Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete